Thursday, March 15, 2012

Snippet Roll Swap



I participated in a Snippet Roll Swap hosted by Cathy Jackson of Hazelruth's.
Cathy has posted fabulous pictures of our Snippet Rolls and has graciously allowed me to share her post with you. Here we go:
 
The first one I received was from Marsha. Look how pretty with the beautiful sheer ribbon overlay, which when you peek underneath shows several beautiful stampings..........................



....but wait! Look! Another layer! It actually took me a minute to discover this hidden layer sandwiched between a layer of delicate tea stained cheese cloth.............



The fabric is a very French black and white print with more little surprises stitched to it.....



Layers of wonderous fabric & snippets!


The next one came from Darlene of Chicken Scratch Farm--baker extraordinaire. This one is stitched onto a beautiful black and white embroidered fabric with a lovely sheer fabric underneath......


Lots of inspirational snippets.........like Love, Create, Inspire. If you lift the stamping that says LOVE underneath it you will find a ticket that reads Admit One and above that Shared Happiness. How clever!



...a really cool glittered bird and I love that clock! I have a thing for clocks you know--especially the very style Darlene added here! The end little message shared was---It's never too late to find out who you want to be!



Next came this snippet filled with fabulous and dainty little treasures from Phyllis . Every time I look at it I see something I hadn't noticed before!


Like the little end to the piece of silverware, and all the cute little prints of sweet vintage children...........


...and the ruler stub and the old lace and crochet bits and..............just lots of fun trinkets and treasures! Very inspiring!



This one came from Kathi and again I am amazed at all the creative ideas everyone has used.......

Like the little mini clipboard! A thread spool, clock hands...............


and everyone in the swaps favorite......the garter belt! I love that she used a bit of a tape measure too. I wasn't brave enough to cut one up! Gotta be braver! Lots of fun snippets on this one too!



And this is the one that I made. I printed out the dress form image and from there the rest just came together on it's own and I sort of ended up with a pink French theme, that I hadn't planned on at all.



It was fun gathering and printing images and little snippets of this and that..............

and then figuring out where and how to place them.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Marsha, it looks great on your blog! I feel honored to have it posted here. I hope others will soon discover snippet rolls and how fun and creative they are. Happy Stitching!

Cathy ♥
(Hazelruthe:)